Monday, November 24, 2008

all these things...

"i don't even know if i like them or if they like me-we've hardly spent any time together and yet there's all this love, love, love. how can you love somebody you just met, somebody you've never asked a real question, somebody you've never had to forgive or who's never had to forgive you?"
-rayona taylor (11 years old) from "the window" by michael dorris

what does it mean to really be connected to someone? i have felt disconnected from most people nearly all my life. never fully being able to really attach myself. i've let people drift out of my life so easily so many times i wonder if there isn't something terribly wrong with me. but in the last year i have found myself deeply connected to people after meeting only a few times. most recently our new friends who just moved out here from LA...we met in september at the live and learn conference and have been very connected ever since. and our friends in our homeschooling group who are very much a part of our family now. i think you really can love someone instantly. it's rare but it does happen. something i've had to accept over the last few years is that no matter how much you love someone that not all relationships last forever. if the people that are in my life right now someday slip away and out of my life, it will just be another step in the lifelong journey. i do not want it to happen but i know that it sometimes does.

in case i haven't said it lately to all my friends, past and present...i love you all, always.Share

2 comments:

Ren Allen said...

You are greatly loved too. And an important part of our family....all of you.
Some people you just love instantly and it lasts. Other people come and go. I'm glad your family is an intergral part of our lives and connections and memories.:)

kelli said...

ditto for me :) love you!